There’s More to a CRNA Career at Atrium Health
A CRNA career at Atrium Health opens a world of possibilities that few other health systems can offer. With our CRNA opportunities, you can hone or expand your clinical skills and expertise within a leading regional health system that offers great pay, exceptional benefits, flexible scheduling and diverse opportunities.
But that’s just the beginning.
There’s so much more to being an Atrium CRNA:
You’ll Be More Trusted
Our CRNAs are integral members of our perioperative teams. Here, you’ll be trusted to apply your professional knowledge and maximize your training in a learning health organization to ensure the safety of our patients through best practice anesthesia modalities.
You’ll Have More Opportunities
Whatever you’re looking to accomplish in your CRNA career, you can find it at Atrium Health. We offer world-class surgical services for both adult and pediatric patients that range from routine to highly advanced, cutting-edge procedures few other health systems in the region can offer. With 40 hospitals and over 1,400 care locations throughout North and South Carolina, our expansive network offers a diverse selection of practice environments where you can build or further your career. Whether you’re seeking to be part of an integrated surgical team in an acute hospital setting or in a free-standing independent endoscopy center, we have something for you here.
Practice with a Surgical Leader
At Atrium Health, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest-quality surgical care and expertise.
We are always striving to further our capabilities with innovative surgical techniques, technologies and research that ensure we can offer the best possible surgical solutions for our patients with the absolute best outcomes.
Atrium Health’s CRNAs parner with world-class anesthesiologists within a surgical program that is:
- A comprehensive program that includes one of the most active transplant centers in North Carolina and several programs ranked by U.S. News & World Report as high achieving programs, including Pediatric Surgery, Neurosurgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery and Urology, as well as an internationally recognized abdominal wall reconstruction program. We are also the only program in the region to perform robotic and minimally invasive liver and pancreas surgeries.
- Consistently achieving top surgical outcomes through the American College of Surgeons National Surgery Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP).
- Engaged in cutting-edge, innovative clinical and translational research.
- Part of the Carolinas Acute Care Surgery Network and Trauma Research Center.
- The nation’s first accredited Center of Excellence for Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS®).
Diversity and Inclusion
Our mission to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all, starts with our commitment to promoting an inclusive work environment. We believe that every team member of Atrium Health brings a unique perspective, experience and vision that allows them to play an important role in the success of our organization, now and in the future. Just as an “atrium” is a place filled with light, Atrium Health strives to build a work culture fitting of our name – to be a gathering ground, where diverse thinkers come together, and connections are made.
Always Leading. Always Learning.
Atrium Health is a teaching system that offers the best of academic and multispecialty medicine. Our CRNA teams get to contribute to the education, training and mentorship of registered nurse anesthesia students rounding through our surgical units and ambulatory care centers. Our CRNAs are valued leaders within our system who participate in committees and councils to help shape the future of healthcare. Here, you’ll find boundless opportunities to become a leader, expand your knowledge and grow professionally.
Better Care for Patients and Providers Alike
At Atrium Health, we believe that taking the best care of patients starts by taking the best care of clinical teams. As a clinician-led organization , we understand the importance of wellness, balance and flexibility for our providers. That’s why we’ve developed outstanding programs and resources that allow our staff to get the most out their work and life, including:
- Pay that is very competitive for the region and nationally.
- LiveWELL programs focused on cultivating the physical, financial and personal health and well-being of all our teammates and their families.
- Flexible scheduling opportunities to fit the needs of teams.
- Integration with Epic helps us streamline our care charting and workflow management.
Quality of Life
Life in Georgia, North and South Carolina combines the best of southern charm, bustling city life, family-friendly suburbs and scenic nature, all in a breathtaking region that offers low costs of living and high quality of life.
With temperate weather year-round, recreational enthusiasts have more sunny days to get out and enjoy the selection of legendary golf courses, thousands of miles of hiking and biking trails, and outdoor adventures and exploration in our state parks.
Sports fans can enjoy the excitement of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Carolina Hurricanes and NASCAR racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway, or they can experience one of the greatest rivalries in college sports when Duke and University of North Carolina meet on the court.
Here, you can immerse yourself in local and worldly arts and culture with award-winning symphonies, history and art museums, theater and local fairs.
And foodies can explore a diverse culinary scene that includes five-star Michelin restaurants, global cuisine, thriving gastropubs and craft breweries, southern comfort food and, of course, some of the best BBQ in the country.
Just one visit here and you will see why so many cities and communities in the Atrium Health service area regularly rank amongst U.S. News & World Report’s Best Places to Live in the U.S.—including a top 10 ranking in 2020-2021 for Charlotte, NC.